Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Citrus County

  •   State: 
    Florida
      County: 
    Citrus County
      Zips: 
    34451
    34423
    34464
    34460
    34447
    34451
    34446
    34445
    34448
    34433
    34434
    34434
    34433
    34436
    34452
    34465
    34442
    34448
    34446
    34428
    34453
    34461
    34450
    34429
      Coordinates: 
    28.852154406157414, -82.59424507214355
      Area total: 
    773.24 sq. mi., 2002.69 sq. km, 494875.52 acres
      Area land: 
    581.91 sq. mi., 1507.14 sq. km, 372423.04 acres
      Area water: 
    191.33 sq. mi., 495.55 sq. km, 122452.48 acres
      Established: 
    1887
      Capital seat: 

    Inverness
    Address: 110 N. Apopka Ave
    County Courthouse
    Inverness, FL
    Governing Body: County Commission with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Citrus County, Florida, United States

  •   Population: 
    153,843; Population change: 8.93% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    264 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $37,322
      Households: 
    69,443
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.40% per 46,500 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $3.88 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Citrus County's population of Florida of 6,861 residents in 1930 has increased 31,81-fold to 218,245 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.65% female residents and 49.35% male residents live in as of 2020, 66.33% in Citrus County, Florida are married and the remaining 33.67% are single population.

    As of 2020, 66.33% in Citrus County, Florida are married and the remaining 33.67% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    81,687 residential units of which 85.00% share occupied residential units.

    27.8 minutes is the average time that residents in Citrus County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.18% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.93% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.25% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.12% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Citrus County, Florida 71.41% are owner-occupied homes, another 11.42% are rented apartments, and the remaining 17.17% are vacant.

  • The 35.01% of the population in Citrus County, Florida who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 57.130%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 41.120%) of those eligible to vote in Citrus County, Florida.

Skyline of Citrus County

In 51 U.S. states are published

4814 Companies
1325 Counties
2315 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Lendmark Financial Services LLC

5623 Garth Rd #160, Baytown, TX 77521

First Priority Lending

17476 Yorba Linda Blvd, Yorba Linda, CA 92886

Check `n Go

620 S Main St, Lapeer, MI 48446

Open Door Home Loans

2524 Hennepin Ave # A, Minneapolis, MN 55405

Check `n Go

55 W 1000 N Ste 5, Logan, UT 84321

Other Companies

Hales Corners Acceptance Inc

5961 S 108th Pl, Hales Corners, WI 53130

World Finance

1211 NW 16th St, Fruitland, ID 83619

EZCASHUSA

80 S 8th St Ste 990 #20113, Minneapolis, MN 55402

Infield Loan Services LLC

309 Pirkle Ferry Rd, Cumming, GA 30040

Security Finance

9001 Central Ave NE Suite G, Albuquerque, NM 87123

Landscape of Florida