Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Charlotte County

  •   State: 
    Charlotte County
    26.89671584444331, -81.99736507864831
      Area total: 
    858.23 sq. mi., 2222.80 sq. km, 549264.64 acres
      Area land: 
    681.11 sq. mi., 1764.06 sq. km, 435908.48 acres
      Area water: 
    177.12 sq. mi., 458.74 sq. km, 113356.16 acres
      Capital seat: 

    Punta Gorda
    Address: 18500 Murdock Cir
    County Administration Center
    Port Charlotte, FL 33948-1094
    Governing Body: County Commission with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Charlotte County, Florida, United States

  •   Population: 
    186,847; Population change: 16.80% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    274 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.30% per 71,182 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    $4.95 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Charlotte County's population of Florida of 5,516 residents in 1930 has increased 27,89-fold to 153,843 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.93% female residents and 48.07% male residents live in as of 2020, 65.51% in Charlotte County, Florida are married and the remaining 34.49% are single population.

    As of 2020, 65.51% in Charlotte County, Florida are married and the remaining 34.49% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    110,046 residential units of which 78.01% share occupied residential units.

    25.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Charlotte County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    82.10% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.25% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.23% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.30% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Charlotte County, Florida 63.06% are owner-occupied homes, another 11.72% are rented apartments, and the remaining 25.22% are vacant.

  • The 34.64% of the population in Charlotte County, Florida who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 52.870%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 45.650%) of those eligible to vote in Charlotte County, Florida.

Skyline of Charlotte County

In 51 U.S. states are published

4814 Companies
1325 Counties
2315 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Lendmark Financial Services LLC

5623 Garth Rd #160, Baytown, TX 77521

First Priority Lending

17476 Yorba Linda Blvd, Yorba Linda, CA 92886

Check `n Go

620 S Main St, Lapeer, MI 48446

Open Door Home Loans

2524 Hennepin Ave # A, Minneapolis, MN 55405

Check `n Go

55 W 1000 N Ste 5, Logan, UT 84321

Other Companies


528 Rainier Ave S, Renton, WA 98055

Sterling Enterprises

901 Sunrise Ave # A12, Roseville, California 95661

OneMain Financial

7038 Cermak Rd, Berwyn, IL 60402

TitleMax Title Secured Loans

203 Hwy 15-401 Bypass W E, Bennettsville, SC 29512

Sun Loan Company

150 E South St E, Kewanee, IL 61443

Landscape of Florida